For a restaurant in Chulmleigh, look no further than The Lymington Arms. Whether you require the perfect venue for a celebratory occasion, corporate event or meet up with friends, we offer an idyllic setting. Our characterful country pub is tastefully and traditionally furnished and decorated, for a warm and intimate feel. Furthermore, from freshly prepared soup of the day through to mouth-watering mains created from fresh local produce, we offer an unrivalled dining experience. Moreover, we boast a range of delicious desserts including puddings, chocolate brownies, pavlovas, crème brûlée’s, Sherry trifle’s and ice cream to cleanse the palate.
Book a table today by giving us a call on 01837 83572. We look forward to welcoming you.
- Homemade soup of the day served with warm bread £4.50
- House pate with salad garnish, red onion chutney and warm bread £5.95
- Deep fried mushrooms stuffed with brie served with salad garnish and garlic mayonnaise dip £5.95
- King prawns in tempura batter with salad garnish and sweet chilli dip £6.95
- Salmon rose served with a salad garnish and topped with a poached egg £6.50
- Chargrilled chicken skewers served with a salad garnish and a sweet chilli dip £6.75
- Ribeye steak cooked to your liking served with tomato and mushroom garnish, onion rings, garlic butter and chips and peas £15.95
- Sirloin steak cooked to your liking served with tomato and mushroom garnish, onion rings, garlic butter and chips and peas £16.95
- Rump steak cooked to your liking served with tomato and mushroom garnish, onion rings, garlic butter and chips and peas £14.95
- Surf and turf, 4oz rump steak and scampi served with tomato and mushroom garnish, onion rings, garlic butter and chips and peas £14.95
- Mixed grill, 4oz rump steak, gammon, chicken breast, lamb chop and sausage, served with tomato and mushroom garnish, onion rings, garlic butter and chips and peas £14.95
- Horseshoe Gammon steak served with a choice of 2 eggs or grilled fresh pineapple, chips and peas £10.95
- Add peppercorn sauce or blue cheese sauce for an extra £1.95
- Homemade beef lasagne served with a salad garnish and a choice of chips or garlic bread £10.50
- 8oz skinless cod fillet in beer batter, chips and a choice of peas or salad garnish* £11.75
- Scampi and chips served with a choice of peas or salad garnish £9.50
- Homemade curry of the day with rice, mango chutney and poppadum (add naan bread for 95p) £11.50
- Home cooked ham, egg (2) chips and peas £9.50
- Hunters chicken, chicken breast with cheese and bacon smothered in barbeque sauce served with chips and a choice of peas or salad garnish £10.95
- Lymy’s sausages, mashed potato, peas and onion gravy* £10.50
*Vegetarian options available
Add monterey jack cheese or bacon for an extra 75p each. All served in a bun with a giant onion ring and salsa, chips and coleslaw.
Please see the blackboard for our evening specials menu and desserts board
Please talk to our staff if you have any special dietary requirements
Sausage & Mash
Chicken Goujons & Chips
Burger & Chips
Fish finger & Chips
Lasagne & Chips
Jelly & Ice Cream £1.95
Please inform of any allergies or special requirements.
The Lymington Arms Wine List
125ml 175ml Bottle
- Martinal Merlot 2018, Chile £3.50 £3.95 £14.95
~A fruity and smooth wine, showing warm, earthy and mellow aromas with ripe blackberry fruit, spice and toasted wood in the background. Vegan
- Beyond The River Shiraz 2018, S E Australia £3.50 £3.95 £14.95
~ Juicy ripe black fruit flavours and a light structure, in this smooth full bodied, unoaked wine. Vegan
- 56 Hundred Nederberg Pinot Noir 2017, South Africa £4.50 £4.95 £17.95
- Abadia Mercia Red 2017, La Mancha, Spain £17.95
~ A juicy fruit packed smooth wine, from dry farmed grapes, with a smorgasbord of red and black Summer berries, warm spice, coffee and toasty wood flavours.
- Larchago Rioja Crianza 2015 £24.95
~ 100% Tempranillo, 12 months in oak barrels, intense cherry red colour and a full elegant and expressive palette, leading to a long and satisfying finish.
- Quara Malbec 2017, Salta, Argentina £21.95
~Gorgeous unoaked Malbec, from some of the highest vineyards in the world, (1800m). Very fruity with notes of plum, pepper and spices. Well balanced, harmonic with sweet and round tannins. Good acidity with a seductive and lingering persistence.
- Cote de Rhone Villages 2015, France £15.95
- Patrick Chodot Fleurie 2016, France £18.95
- Montagne Saint-Emilion 2016, France £25.00
- Discovery Beach Zinfandel Rose 2018, California £3.50 £3.95 £14.95
~ Ripe watermelon, strawberry and cherry flavours plus a touch of floral notes, nicely balanced sweetness and acidity. Vegan.
- Felicette Grenache Rose 2017 IGP Pays D’OC, France £19.95
~ The theme is Astrocats, an homage to Felicette the first cat in space. A pale salmon pink dry wine, refreshing and fruity, with delicate red fruits such as strawberry and raspberry. Elegant, supple and succulent, very food friendly.
- Martinal Sauvignon Blanc 2018, Chile £3.50 £3.95 £14.95
~ Fresh, fruity and rewarding with layers of grapefruit, green apple and pineapple, along with jasmine and orange blossom. Vegan
- Il Caggio Pinot Grigio 2017, Italy £3.50 £3.95 £14.95
~ Classic Venetian Pinot Grigio, lemon yellow in colour. On the palate flavours of fresh green apple and citrus are balanced well by aromas of stone fruit.
- Cranswick Lakefield Chardonnay 2017, S E Australia £4.50 £4.95 £17.95
~ Tropical white stone fruits dominate, without any cloying vanilla notes, instead a refreshing apple crispness balances the wine nicely.
- Snapper Rock Sauvignon Blanc 2018, Marlborough, New Zealand
~ Crisp, fresh and vibrant, light bodied yet full flavoured with passion fruit, goosebury, lime and wild herb flavours coming through. A mouth watering acidity leaves the palate fresh and dry. Exactly what a Marlborough Sauvignon should be like.